|Country Club Johannesburg
The tall, imposing oak trees at The Country Club, Johannesburg, "those green-robed senators of mighty woods", stand as monuments to an establishment rooted in the heritage of Johannesburg, flourishing in the third millennium as a stalwart of elegance and good grace.
The Country Club Johannesburg is a club dedicated to assuring sports members, young and old, of a social abode that fosters friendship, good fellowship and social interaction, in an ambience of dignity and comfort.
The Club strives to provide the highest level of quality, personal service and recognition with a commitment to continual improvement through empowered and well-trained employees.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Clubhouse open year round from 07h00 to 23h00 daily.
Office hours from 08h00 to 16h00 daily.
The Lodge at Auckland Park and a variety of hotels and bed and breakfast facilities in close proximity.
FOOD & BEVERAGE FACILITIES
Formal restaurant and informal coffee shop.
5 Function Rooms catering for groups of 10 to 200 specialising in corporate golf functions.
RECREATION & SPORTING FACILITIES
Two 18 hole golf courses, driving range, golf professional, pro-shop with Club hire available.
Squash, sauna, bird walks, walking trails.
Ample safe parking patrolled by security guards.
1. While the Club has attempted over the last few years to relax the dress code so that members feel more at home within their Club, members are reminded that they and their guests should at all times be dressed suitably so as to not offend other members. In broad terms this implies neat and tidy dress. Shirts without collars are frowned upon as are open sandals and shoes without socks.
2. Although the Club encourages golfers to change after a game of golf, certain circumstances , such as the end of a rugby game, may warrant golfers staying in their golf attire. However, it is brought to your attention that men may not wear shorts in the Club buildings after "18-30"
3. Members are also reminded please not to wear head gear in the Club buildings.
4. As regards cell phones please note that you may not use cell phones within the Club buildings. If there is a reason for your cell phone to be "live" within the Club buildings please do your fellow Club members the courtesy of ensuring that it is on silent mode.
- smart casual, no shorts after 18h00 in Club House.
-Smart denims acceptable (except restaurant) but no T-shirts or slops.
Wimbledon regulation when playing squash.
HOW TO USE WOODMEAD
Given reasonable notice we can arrange a golf game for reciprocal members. Please contact Woodmead reception who will make the necessary arrangements.
P. O. Box: 272
Cnr Woodland Drive & Lincoln Street
Tel: +27 11 202 1600
Fax: +27 11 807 0592