|APRICOT HILL COUNTRY FARMHOUSE
ACCOMMODATION IN MULDERSDRIFT
High in a hilltop in Hongingklip, amidst
the peach and rose farms and with a
superb view of the rolling foothills of the
Magaliesberg Mountains, the Witwatersrand
and brooding Swartkop, lies Apricot Hill Farm.
Formerly and upmarket Health Hydro,
Apricot Hill is now a private Country
Farmhouse offering self-catering
cottages, self-catering rustic rooms
and tranquil farmhouse rooms.
WELCOME TO APRICOT HILL
Just 40 minutes from
Johannesburg and Pretoria,
15 minutes from Roodepoort
and Krugersdorp - and with easy
access to highways, airports, Randburg
and Sandton, - Apricot Hill is
perfect for conference
delegates, wedding guests or
those with business to
do on the Reef
Rustic, private accomodation away from
the guesthouse. A row of rough brick,
pitched roofed self-catering, double rooms
en-suite with basic self-catering facilities.
Kitchenette allows for self sufficiency
with braai facilities. Ideal for overnights
or to explore the Crocodile Ramble
and Cradle of Humankind.
After a hard day, there is a
"knock-around" tennis court, pool,
jacuzzi and massage chair.
Or simply relax in the glorious gardens
and keep an eye out for the Kudu on
the koppie next door.
A PERFECT PLACE FOR TRANQUIL WEEKEND GETAWAYS!
Fully equipped farm cottages at affordable rates.
Minimum weekend stay 2 nights.
Breakfast available on request.
(No self-catering option available here).
En-suite double rooms on a bed and breakfast basis.
Rustic, rough brick self-catering rooms.
Private accommodation away from the guesthouse.
CONDITIONS OF CANCELLATION:
* 0-7 days prior to arrival : No refund.
* 8-13 days prior to arrival : 25% refund.
* 14-20 days prior to arrival : 50% refund.
* 21 days prior to arrival : 75% refund.
Small meetings and mini-conferences
(max 16 delegates) in quiet country setting.
* Children by arrangement.
* Dinner by arrangement.
* Some pets by arrangement.
* Game reserves and Wildlife Sanctuaries offering:Game drives, Game-viewing horse trails, 4 x 4 game drives and guided hikes.
* Cradle of Human Kind World Heritage Site incorporating Sterkfontein Caves with its fossil sites, Sacred Lake and the new Maropeng Interpretation Centre. Wonder Cave and Rhino Park.
* Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens enjoy the myriad indigenous plant species, watch the Black Eagles or escape to a quiet corner and listen to the waterfall.
* Anglo Boer War sites including: Battlefields, British Headquarters and Starr Jameson's prison cell.
* Crocodile Ramble with approximately 150 venues meandering through spectacular scenery from Honeydew to Hartbeespoort Dam.
* Cheese farms.
* Trout fishing.
* Hiking / Birdwatching.
* Golf and Driving Ranges / Roodepoort Athletic Stadium.
* First Gold Mine in South Africa and first mine in Gauteng.
* 4 x 4 Playground / Buggy Racing / Go Karting.
* Hot Air Ballooning.
* Team Building Events.
* Spa's, Health Clinics and Healing Centres offering Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Health Massage and Reiki.
* Excellent Restaurants from light lunches to superior gourmet meals and medieval feasts.
* Tribal Dancing.
* Conference and wedding venues.
* Adventure Tourism including: Cave Abseiling, Bungee Jumping, White Water Rafting.
* Archbishop Desmond Tutu's childhood home.
Tours can be arranged including:
* Soweto's Struggle Sites and cultural landmarks with traditional African lunch at the local "shebeen".
* Pretoria, including the Union Buildings, Voortrekker Monument and African Craft Market.
* Cullinan Diamond Mine.
* Cultural Village with Tribal Dancing Exhibition.
* Palaeo Tours in the Valley of the Ancestors.
* Pilansberg, Rhino Park and Caves, including guided sunset game drives on open vehicles.
* Bush Braai's arranged.
Apricot Hill Farm is a convenient homestay
B & B just 40 mins. from Johannesburg and
Pretoria and a million miles from anywhere!
HOST: WENDY MANN